|Make the transition from your current Science instruction to the new Next Generation Science Standards instruction!|
Sundance/Newbridge Grades K–5 NGSS Transition Sets provide educators with support as they make the progressive and incremental changes in the Science curriculum needed to implement the Next Generation Standards.
- Develop a classroom culture that supports the new vision of Science education.
- Offer students opportunities to learn the core ideas and the crosscutting concepts of Science through engagement in the practice of Science and Engineering.
- Represent topics aligned with the NGSS disciplinary core ideas that progress from one grade to the next.
- Incorporate high-quality and engaging books at different reading levels for successful comprehension of Science content.
- Supply prompts for techniques and tasks aligned to the NGSS and the CCSS.
- Incorporate a Before/During/After instructional plan to enable students to integrate Science and Engineering Design practices with crosscutting concepts and disciplinary core ideas.
Teacher Guide for Next Generation Science Standards Transition Sets
Each set comes with the NGSS Transition Sets Teacher Guide, specially developed to aid you in adopting and implementing specific Next Generation Science Standards.
- Options for working in small groups to promote collaborative learning
- Tips for supporting independent readers and building their confidence
- An instructional plan with a before-, during, and after-reading framework to enable struggling readers to succeed
- Graphic Organizers for NGSS help students collect their thinking and understanding to comprehend in-depth texts
- Look Inside! Preview a complimentary copy of the Teacher's Guide.
|Take a Closer Look!|
Preview a Complimentary Copy of the Teacher's Guide
Specially developed to support you in adopting and implementing specific Next Generation Science Standards.
Why Leveled Books?
With the Next Generation Science Standards, teachers need to make sure students move from less "reading textbooks and answering questions at the end of the chapter" to more "reading multiple sources" and "developing summaries of information." (National Research Council, 2015)
Sundance/Newbridge's leveled books in these Sets offer authentic texts with an appropriate complexity level that enable students to delve into high-interest science topics.