|New Libraries for Grades 4/5!|
Extend comprehension instruction with high-interest leveled books for independent reading!
Comprehension Strategy Libraries provide opportunities for children to apply critical comprehension strategies while reading independently. The titles within each library are specifically selected to encourage students to utilize reading strategies outside of instructional time. The libraries are organized by grade level to make it easy for you to choose the right set for your students. Plus, each library comes with a FREE Smart Word vocabulary card for every title so you can be sure new words are not a barrier to comprehension.
- Reinforce key comprehension strategies while fostering a love of reading for all your students.
- Monitoring and Clarifying
- Making Connections
- Asking Questions
- Predicting and Inferring
- Expose students to a variety of genres and text types with high-quality nonfiction and fiction books.
- Promote successful independent reading sessions by helping students select the right book and encouraging feedback and discussion.
- Motivate children with books that are just right for them, using engaging titles at three levels of difficulty for each strategy.
- Take a Closer Look! Download a complete list of books in each Nonfiction and Fiction Library, with details about each title, including Comprehension Strategy, Guided Reading Level, and Subject/Strand or Genre.
Implement best practices in independent reading and support comprehension strategy instruction. One guide for entire series.
- Reproducibles to help teachers quickly assess students’ use of the comprehension strategies.
- Tips for supporting struggling readers and ELL students with shared or partner reading, peer questioning, and vocabulary reinforcement.
- Suggestions for showing students how to successfully self-select appropriate books.
- Look Inside! Download a Teacher Guide Sampler.
Comprehension Strategy Libraries Teacher Guide
Try it Out in Your Classroom!
Download your complimentary Teacher Guide Sampler, which includes a reproducible Student Bookmark.
Encourage active use of comprehension strategies during independent reading!