|Essential tools designed to provide teachers and students with a wide range of texts related to a central topic!|
Sundance/Newbridge Grades K–5 Informational Text Sets have been organized to meet content standards as well as the reading needs of individual students. Teaching with text sets stimulates students' interests by offering them choices of what to read. Multiple texts representing multiple perspectives provide teachers and students with the materials they need to achieve the goals set forth by the Common Core State Standards.
Informational Text Sets help to:
- PREPARE students for "real world" reading.
- DEVELOP analytical and higher-level thinking skills.
- EXEMPLIFY the Common Core State Standards.
- BUILD Social Studies, Science, and Math content knowledge.
- OFFER more support for diverse learners than any single text.
Because we know how busy teachers are, we have carefully selected from our extensive list of leveled readers to build sets of standards-based Science, Social Studies, and Math texts. Teach with Text Sets to:
Teacher Guides for Informational Text Sets
- Capture interest and cultivate engagement
- Support vocabulary development
- Prompt inquiry
- Layer the teaching of content and build prior knowledge
- Encourage student writing
- Read for multiple perspectives
- Differentiate instruction
Each set includes a topic-specific Teacher Guide, developed to support the use of Informational Text Sets in your classroom. The Teacher Guides include:
|Take a Closer Look!|
Preview an Informational Text Set Teacher Guide
Support for teaching with Informational Text Sets in your classroom
Topic-specific lesson plans
The Common Core State Standards suggest that:
"through reading a diverse array of classic and contemporary literature as well as challenging informational texts in a range of subjects, students are expected to build knowledge, gain insights, explore possibilities, and broaden their perspective."