|Sign Up for Email Updates
Standards-Based Social Studies for PreK8
Capture students' natural curiosity with content that supports state and national social studies and
Common Core State Standards
Sets & Collections
Discovery Links Social Studies
Help all students succeed with nonfiction leveled reading built around social studies standards.
- Nonfiction Theme Sets (Grades 13)
Teach nonfiction reading skills through concept-related books at just the right level for each
- Reading Quest (Grades 68)
Build fluency and literacy across middle school social studies and science curricula.
Core Social Studies Content
Whole Group Instruction
Nonfiction Reading and Writing
- Early Social Studies (Grades
K2) Save 10% Now!
Build fluency with this complete program that introduces key concepts across the social studies
- Discovery Links Nonfiction Big Books (Grades K2)
Bring nonfiction to life with Big Books aligned to Social Studies standards!
- My World Big Books (Grades PreK1) Save 20% Now!
Encourage literacy and help students make real-world connections.
- Big America Big Books (Grades 24) Save 20% Now!
Focus on diversity in our culture with real-life stories of American children.
- Big Book Favorites (Grades K5)
Open their world and watch their reading skills flourish with dynamic Big Books.
- Comprehension Strategy Libraries (Grades 15)
Extend comprehension instruction with high-interest leveled books for independent reading!
- Early Social Studies Classroom Library (Grades
K2) Save 10% Now!
Introduce key concepts in History, Geography, Government, Civics, Economics, and Culture.
- Go Facts Classroom Library (Grades K5) Save 10% Now!
Build on students' natural curiosity while exposing them to models of nonfiction writing.
- Little World Geography (Grades K2)
Vibrant photographs introduce basic geography in this series for emergent readers.
- Little World Social Studies Set 1 (Grades K2)
Teach young readers about their communities, their country, and their government with this photo-rich social studies series.
- Little World Social Studies Set 2 (Grades K2)
6 more social studies standards-based texts for guided and independent reading.
- People Who Made a Difference (Grades 13)
Meet special people who came before us and dedicated their lives to making our world a better
- Communities (Grades 23)
Learn about diverse communities and the roles people play within them.
- The Kids' Career Library (Grades 23) Save 30% Now!
Explore a day in the life of a veterinarian, a newspaper reporter, and other professionals.
- American Symbols (Grades 24)
Learn the origins of our flag, the Statue of Liberty, Mount Rushmore, and other fascinating American
- Around the World with Food & Spices (Grades
24) Save 30% Now!
Amazing facts about everyday snacks and spices.
- Holiday Celebrations (Grades 24) Save 30% Now!
Learn how some of America's most-loved holidays began and have changed over time.
- Land of Liberty (Grades 24)
Explore America's people, geography, national parks, monuments, and more.
- Read to Learn: Social Studies Classroom Library (Grades 35)
Support and reinforce learning of key themes: Communities; Regions and Resources; and Our Land and Its People.
- U.S. Government and Civics (Grades 35)
Shed light on the workings of the U.S. government from the community to the federal level.
- United States Regions (Grades 35)
Aid readers in exploring the geography, industry, agriculture, and culture that define each region.
- Symbols of Freedom (Grades 36)
Learn about the history, important leaders, and the inspiration for the symbols that represent America.
- American Legends (Grades 35)
Introduce students to legendary social figures from American history.
- America's Past (Grades 35)
Historical perspectives on colonial times, Native Americans, and kids throughout history.
- Discover the Life of a Colonial American (Grades
Learn about the early colonists whose inquiring minds helped establish a new country.
- Heroes of the American Revolution (Grades 45)
Read about the thrilling lives of some early patriots.
- The Expansion of America (Grades 45)
Canals, railroads, new trails and travel routes. Join the courageous people who helped open up the
country of the United States.
- Documents that Shaped the Nation (Grades 45)
Get to know six of the most significant documents written before and during the early history of the
- Discover the Life of an Explorer (Grades 45)
Bring students back in time to join the explorers of the New World.
- History of America (Grades 48)
17 texts about events that shaped America. Available in print and E-Book formats.
- Timelines of Ancient Civilizations (Grades 56)
A chronicle of key historical events of the ancient world for six significant geographical areas.
- Discovering Culture and History Through the Arts
56) Save 30% Now!
Important cultures, past and present, are brought to life.
- Reading Quest (Grades 68)
Achieve content area literacy with high-interest titles built around social studies and science